Nice Waves of November

Nice Waves of November
North Shore Spray

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Clear Head

HaydenLoon
Hi all
It has been a quick week!
I am involved in a group called Kettle Kinship, which makes matches between adults who want to Mentor kids, and Kids who want to participate, with parents approval. That took up Tuesday night. They are a great bunch of people who really care about being and creating a positive influence and alternative in kids' lives.
Last week on Wednesday I went swimming with my brother and his family and had my first instant allergy reaction (bloodshot eyes and clogged sinus and throat) to the water I was swimming in. On Thursday I took all kinds of anti inflammatory medication, and on Friday tested out an air purifier for the weekend. I took my last meds on Friday and when I got home I plugged in my air purifier. Saturday I woke up with clear eyes and clear sinus. I left the house on Saturday and the symptoms returned. Saturday night in front of the purifier and they were gone. Sunday and Monday pretty much at the lake and symptoms came back and were gone when I used the purifier. I could see better too.
Well on Wednesday I bought the gizmo. Tonight I noticed that I could hear crickets and frogs, which were music to my ears. I didn't realize I wasn't hearing them. So if you have been talking to me and I seemed to be ignoring you, I might not have heard you. I really am not too stuck up.
Tonight me spouse and me, we watched two episodes of Monarch of the Glen, a BBC Telly quality DVD, and went for a walk on Hayden Lake Road,with a whisper of breeze keeping us cool. We walked out to Wisconsin Highway 35 and there was a very nice breeze. The sun was setting in a mostly cloudy sky, over a beaver pond, which has trails where the beaver had pulled and eaten the weeds. The water is low because of the drought, and I hope for refreshing rain. We walked along the new road construction up to Glendening Road and back feeling safe since there is so little traffic, nary but one autocar passed us as we walked in the dusk.
I can forget my toil of the day as I walk along like this.
There is not always energy to fish and play, but rejuvenation comes when we soak in the beauty of the earth.

No comments: