Nice Waves of November

Nice Waves of November
North Shore Spray

Sunday, November 01, 2009

New Month - New Rule - New Post

Since snow is coming and it rained today it seemed appropriate to check out my life a little. We have enough wood for a normal winter, I have a job, my wife is getting healthier, my kids are adults, and my grandkids are too far away to play with every day, and I started to wonder what is the reason for living. Is it to just get ready to make it through the next day. That is a struggle for most, but for reasons that are sometimes diametrically opposite. Like some people are driven to distraction because they never get to leave the house, because of illness, money, kids, mobility and various other reasons, while at the same time others are exhausted and wish they could spend just one day in their house so it could be a home. What is that? Are we just by nature dissatisfied with living however it is we are living? Space, my son said. Yes that is it. We need space to move in and basics to stay alive. But what is the meaning? Why do we search for meaning? Is there a God shaped hole in our consciousness? Is there a God? If there is a God how would he contact us? Has God already contacted us? Is there a relationship that will satisfy the deep inner desire to belong and be loved? I have found this, that since I have accepted the historical fact that Jesus Christ died, and the record says the He would have done it just for me, and I have faith that he died for me, and don't lose sight of the fact that he is God Veritas, I have peace and Joy, that deep satisfaction that I belong to God and nothing can snatch me out of His Hand.

No comments: