Nice Waves of November

Nice Waves of November
North Shore Spray

Friday, March 28, 2008

A Horse of Any Color

Well today I was heading west down the highway to the river and the sun was coming up in my rear view mirror. It was so bright I had to put the night setting on the rear view mirror to keep from being blinded. As I exited the pine plantation on my right I noticed three deer out in the clover field that is half a mile deep towards the north and stretches for a mile along the road. Then I realized there were more deer, three here, four there, three more, three more, five more and three more until by the end of the field I estimate about 25 to 30 were out there. So then I went through another woods area and came out and there was a horse standing in the ditch. I stopped and shooed it back through the hole in the fence and then went up to the house and told the owner. He was grateful.
Then nothing happened the rest of the way to work, other than a few pairs of geese, and a trio of mallards.
But it was a bright brisk morning.
No snow like they predicted.

I will be in another part of the state for the weekend.

Have a great one, weekend that is.

No comments: